Wood Collection v Skip Hire
An environmental and economic alternative to hiring a skip
We provide a competitive collection service for all wood waste from your site. We will collect from: building sites, schools, houses, industrial units and shops.
We use a 3.5 tonne pick-up truck with a cage of 12 cubic yards allowing us to take a substantial load of well packed wood waste from your site. The van is packed by our operatives to maximise the use of space and allowing us to take more waste than you would get by throwing your waste wood in an 8 skip.
You sign to agree how much waste we have collected.
Companies can set up a billing account with us so that a monthly invoice for collection can be issued. For one off collections from households we expect payment on collection.
- timber lengths
- sheet material
- roof timbers
- joist, beams
- scaffold boards and planks
- hardwood off-cuts
- other solid wood items such as tables, chairs etc in a good reusable condition
- pallets (whole or broken)
We do not take:
- worm infested wood
- contaminated wood (i.e. Creosote) or any Formica faced (laminated) chipboard as we are unable to reuse or recycle.
We are happy to advise you on the disposal of other waste and waste timber that is non recyclable
Use Just Wood Leicestershire for your waste wood collections
Our service will reduce your wood disposal costs because
- As a builder or contractor you will not need to hire skips for wood waste leaving more space for other non wood waste
- Collection within 2 working days.
- Less waste going to landfill.
- Traceability of waste disposal route.
- Can be counted against company waste reduction targets
- Can be counted as part of company social responsibility targets
Just Wood Leicestershire is licensed by the Environment Agency under Schedule 3 - Registration of Exempt Activity, and is registered as a Waste Carrier under the Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011.
Just Wood Waste Carrier Licence number: PCD/ME515VU
Our paperwork is sufficient for our customers to be confident that their waste timber has been disposed of in the correct and responsible manner under the Act. We will usually collect from our regular clients within 2 working days of receiving an order for collection. Our operatives are fully trained in Health and Safety procedures.
Before our vehicle(s) enter a building or industrial site our supervisor will liaise with the site manager for directions to the timber awaiting collection, as well as any specific conditions that might be applicable at that particular time. Once the truck has been loaded up, the amount of timber being collected will be agreed upon by both parties, and a Waste Transfer Note will be provided for your records.