How we grade and sort waste wood
As a Community Interest Company we are operating as a social enterprise all our profit is reinvested into our business. We don't have any shareholders and our Directors volunteer their time.
We have 2 part time staff and 1 full time member of staff supported by a number of volunteers.
The majority of our wood is collected from the construction industry and is brought back to our workshop for sorting and grading.
Our grading consists of:
- the best wood is used in our workshop to make furniture or other household items or is sold in our timber shop and online
- the offcuts are sold for firewood and kindling
- any pallets are sorted and those that are suitable for reuse are retuned to the pallet industry
- any clean wood that we cannot use is taken to a site in Leicestershire for biomass use
- the small amount that we cannot use is sent for chipping